Friday, June 22, 2007

Drink up. CamelBak makes it easy.

I'm a fan of water. I like to listen to it. I like to shower in it. I like to play in. Most of all, I like to drink it. I'm passing this next bit along as an enthusiastic two-thumbs up review of CamelBak's Better Bottle.

It has a bite and sip valve system that hasn't yet leaked. This bite and sip method took a short time to get used to--I wasn't sold right away. In fact, I called it my 'man bottle' for a while. It grew on me.

The attached straw makes it a breeze to drink on the sly or while driving. No need to tip the entire bottle for a drink and no chance for a wet spill.

The lid has a molded plastic hoop that allows for easy carrying or attaching. This being a considerable improvement over Nalgene's loop that connected the bottle to the top and was prone to breaking with use.

Oh, and the opening of the bottle easily accommodates ice cubes. A major plus for the summer months.

They say the CamelBak is dishwasher safe--thus far I have just washed by hand. I've only filled it with plain ole water so I cannot comment on lingering flavors due to non-water liquids.

I bought my first one from Bearcub Outfitters in Petoskey and have since purchased two more for the household when REI ran their annual sale.

Enjoy--happy drinking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am drinking a lot more water these days since we have started using these. Thanks for helping me to be better about my water consumption.

No more wet spills from the Nalgene! LOL : )

Holly Bee said...

We were at Disney and people were sporting the Camelback h2o backpacks. I was sort of offended by their constant need for easy to get at water. Be a man, carry a bottle! Forge for yourself and get it from a stream.

No, really, you like this? I trust your judgement. Is it easy to hold onto? Will I drop it when chasing after my pigs? Probably. But that's a personal problem :) You've talked me into one.